d said. Lee has said exactly the same. Hes excited. Hes nervous. But he knows what

in Novaline tipps 14.06.2018 14:27
von dasg234 | 1.370 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Jon Lester sought out Kyle Hendricks in the clubhouse, telling him the only thing that would have made his night better was if he had hit a solo homer for the games only run.I did get a base knock, Hendricks reminded his teammate.Hendricks did it all just when the Cubs needed him most, pitching a seven-hitter for his second career shutout and providing the Chicagos bullpen a needed breather in a 5-0 victory over the Miami Marlins on Monday night.Hes a great team player and hes just a joy to be around, manager Joe Maddon said. Then he goes and does that.After a wild, 12-inning win a night earlier in which Maddon used 22 players, Hendricks (10-7) threw a career-high 123 pitches and lowered his ERA to 2.22, third-best in the majors. He allowed three walks and struck out five.No bad for a guy pegged to be the No. 5 starter this season who reached double-digit wins for the first time in his career.This is definitely the best Ive ever pitched, the most confident Ive ever been, I think, Hendricks said. Its just been a development all year long, using my other pitches. I used my curveball a lot today, especially toward the end of the game.Anthony Rizzo finished a home run shy of the cycle and reached base five times and Addison Russell had a two-run single in the first off wild Marlins starter Adam Conley (7-6). The lefty walked six, one intentionally, and hit a batter while needing 97 pitches to get through four innings.It just snowballed by falling behind and not being able to execute early, Conley said.Conley, who was 3-0 with a 1.82 ERA in five July outings, needed 65 pitches to get through two innings.But the Cubs stranded nine runners in that span to keep the Marlins close. Then Hendricks drove in Willson Contreras with a grounder through a drawn-in infield off Dustin McGowan in the fifth.Rizzo tripled and scored on Javier Baezs sacrifice fly in the sixth. Rizzo doubled in the first, singled in the eighth, drew a walk and was hit by a pitch in the Cubs ninth shutout.It marked the second time Hendricks came through with a depleted bullpen. He tossed 6 2/3 innings in a June victory at Cincinnati a night after a 15-inning win.Maddon sent out Hendricks for the ninth despite being at 108 pitches.I actually felt really good, said the right-hander, who was working on five days rest. I think the last two or three innings I was making better pitches than I was in the beginning of the game.Hendricks got help in his second complete game this season. Shortstop Rizzo barehanded a slow roller to get Conley with the bases loaded to end the second.Center fielder Jason Heyward and second baseman Baez combined on a relay to throw out Derek Dietrich going for a triple in the fourth.And Contreras threw out Dee Gordon stealing second in the fifth.We just played tremendous Gold Glove defense tonight, Maddon said. We won that game because of our starting pitching and defense.ICHIRO UPDATEMarlins OF Ichiro Suzuki, two hits shy of 3,000, received a standing ovation when he pinch hit in the seventh. Suzuki lined a 1-0 pitch to Kris Bryant at third, leaving him in a 2-for-18 slump. Bryant threw to first for a double play.Manager Don Mattingly hinted Ichiro may not start until Wednesdays series finale against RHP John Lackey. Ichiros 37 hits off Lackey are his most vs. any pitcher.LOSING REAAfter trading injured RHP Colin Rea back to San Diego before the game, Mattingly suggested RHP David Phelps could fill the rotation spot.ENTER SMITHNew Cubs RHP Joe Smith is expected to arrive Tuesday. The veteran reliever was acquired from the Angels before Mondays trade deadline for pitching prospect Jesus Castillo.A sidearm, groundball guy, GM Jed Hoyer said. We dont have that look or that ability.The Cubs also designated LHP Brian Matusz for assignment after his poor start Sunday and recalled RHP Spencer Patton from Triple-A Iowa.TRAINERS ROOMMarlins: INF Justin Bour (ankle) had soreness after Sundays minor league rehab game and took Monday off.Cubs: Hoyer declined to predict a return date for OF Jorge Soler (hamstring), batting .115 in eight minor league rehab games.UP NEXTMarlins ace Jose Fernandez (12-5, 2.79 ERA) starts Tuesday night against Cubs RHP Jason Hammel (10-5, 3.23). Maillot Hugo Lloris Coupe Du Monde 2018 . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. Maillot Adrien Rabiot . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. http://www.nouveaumaillotequipedefrance.fr/maillot-anthony-martial-pas-cher.html .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. Maillot Raphael Varane . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. Maillot Griezmann France . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. CHASKA, Minn. -- Over the last two decades of European dominance in the Ryder Cup, perhaps no player has personified the teams seemingly baffling advantage over the Americans more than Lee Westwood.When the individual sport adopts the team dynamic for one weekend every two years, the 43-year-old Englishman who has never won a major championship almost always seems to rise to the occasion.He enters his 10th Ryder Cup with a 20-15-6 record, having felled some of the biggest American stars along the way. He needs 2 1/2 points to surpass Nick Faldo -- Westwoods first partner back in 1997 -- for the most career Ryder Cup points. Europe is 7-2 since Westwood joined the fray.Id be lying if I didnt say I wanted to get past Nicks record, because anybody involved in sport wants to break records, Westwood said Thursday. Thats what drives us all on, to be able to say youre the best at anything.But if you give me a choice of not winning any points and the Europeans winning the Ryder Cup, then that would definitely come first before getting in front of Nicks record or getting near it. Its all about the team this week.The camaraderie among the European players has always been viewed as a big reason for their success against the higher profile Americans, who have more often than not entered the weekend as the heavy betting favorites. And more often than not, the Europeans have been the ones accepting the concession handshakes.Westwood captures that spirit as well as any of them, pairing easily with partners across the board to take down some of Americas heaviest hitters. And this year, the Europeans are captained by Darren Clarke, one of Westwoods favorite playing partners over the years. They were 6-2 together, with three of those victories coming against American teams featuring players ranked Nos. 1 and 2 in the world.Weve had some crackers, Westwood said with a grin.None bigger than at Oakland Hills in 2004, when Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson took a 3-up lead early before Clarke and Westwood roared back, an upset that set the tone for an 18 1/2- 9 1/2 steamrolling that was the largest margin of victory in Europes history.So it is no surprise thhat Clarke made Westwood one of his captains picks.dddddddddddd. The Ryder Cup features one of the most raucous environments in golf, filled with heckling and jeering for the visitors from the first tee to the final putt. It can be a disorienting experience for players who are used to much more respectful and supportive galleries. But Westwood revels in it.I love the atmosphere out there. I like the rowdiness of it all, Westwood said. I was talking to my caddie, Billy (Foster). We were on the range and there was music playing and all that, and thats what golf should be about nowadays, I think. I think it needs to jazz itself up a bit and get a bit more atmosphere in there.As he has gotten older, Westwood has become a valued elder statesman. He has been paired with rookies in each of the last five Ryder Cups, serving as the big brother for the nervous youngsters who find their knees knocking and their hands shaking as they try to put the ball on the tee at No. 1.Clarke paired him with newcomer Thomas Pieters on Friday morning. They will face Dustin Johnson and Matt Kuchar.He brings a lot of calmness and peace into the team room, said Martin Kaymer, who was paired with Westwood as a rookie at Celtic Manor in 2010. But also a lot of strength, because if you see him as a person, hes a very strong character, a very strong player. And I think that mix is very rare.As Europe tries for its fourth straight victory in the biannual showdown, something that has never been done before, it may need Westwoods comforting guidance more than ever. Clarke brought six rookies with him to Hazeltine National, and they really have no idea what theyre in for.Weve all said how excited and nervous we are, and we dont know whats coming, Chris Wood said. Lee has said exactly the same. Hes excited. Hes nervous. But he knows whats coming.If history is any indication, what is coming is another win. Westwood has yet to win in 2016, having finished second at the Masters.Perhaps he was saving his best for this weekend, as he so often does. Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Gear White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: than loeuth
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2667 Themen und 7485 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
dasg234, langouba

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de