PHOENIX -- Yusmeiro Petit rarely pitched so well in his days with the Arizona Diamondbacks. [url=http://www.hockeyhurricanes.com

in Novaline tipps 02.11.2017 09:01
von jokergreen0220 | 295 Beiträge

PHOENIX -- Yusmeiro Petit rarely pitched so well in his days with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Jaccob Slavin Jersey . An older, wiser version of the former Arizona right-hander was on the mound against his old team on Sunday, and for the second straight start since he was called up from the minors, Petit was in control. He struck out a career-high 10, Hector Sanchez drove in three runs and the San Francisco Giants beat Arizona 8-2 to take two of three from the Diamondbacks. Hunter Pence homered, doubled and singled, driving in two runs and scoring three times as the Giants improved to 10-5 against Arizona this season. But the story for San Francisco was Petit. "Im not going to say surprised, Im going to say Im happy for him," Pence said. "Hes just gets his work done. Hes done everything the right way. Hes a good guy to have around the clubhouse. Hes positive. He has tremendous command, hes got a couple of off-speed pitches to keep them honest, and its been fun playing behind him." Patrick Corbin (13-5), pitching on an extra two days rest, allowed five runs on nine hits in five innings to fall to 1-4 in his last seven starts. Petit (2-0), who pitched for the Diamondbacks from 2007-09, went six-plus innings, allowing two runs on seven hits in his first career start against Arizona. He also singled in a run, his second career RBI. Petit was making his second start since being called up from Triple-A Fresno. He gave up two runs on six hits in six innings in a 5-3 win at Colorado on Tuesday. "Hes come up here and done all that we could ask for," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. Petits previous career high in strikeouts was eight on three occasions, most recently July 29, 2009, while pitching for Arizona against Philadelphia. He said hes a "completely different" pitcher than he was in those days. "Experience," he said with a teammate serving as translator. "Before I wasnt consistent with what I was doing. Now the experience is taking place in what Im showing right now." Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said Petit "is a little bit more mature" than he was in his days with the Diamondbacks. "He had a good plan today and he hit his spots," Gibson said. "When you hit your spots with that much regularity it makes it tough." San Francisco won its fourth consecutive series over the Diamondbacks overall and fifth series in a row in Arizona. The Diamondbacks last won a series at home against the Giants April 6-8, 2012. The extra rest didnt do much good for Corbin. In his last two outings, the young left-hander has given up 14 runs, 13 earned, on 16 hits. "I felt all right," Corbin said. "I just wasnt really locating anything and left some pitches up." San Francisco scored three times with two outs in the fourth inning. Buster Posey led off with a single, then Pence doubled to put runners at second and third. Pablo Sandoval flew out to right and Brett Pill grounded out to third and it looked as if Corbin might escape. But Sanchez doubled to left-centre to bring both runners home and make it 3-1. Gregor Blancos infield single put runners at first and third, then Petits single to right put the Giants up 4-1. It was Petits fourth career hit in 69 at-bats. Pences opposite-field home run on Corbins full-count pitch with two outs in the fifth boosted the lead to 5-1. Arizona scored first in the opening inning when Adam Eaton singled and scored from first on Martin Prados two-out double. San Francisco tied it in the second. Pence drew a leadoff walk, advanced to third on Sandovals single and scored on Sanchezs ground out to short. Petit left after giving up a leadoff single to A.J. Pollock in the seventh. Left-hander Jose Mijares got Gerardo Parra to fly out, then struck out pinch-hitter Tony Campana. Willie Bloomquist singled to put runners at first and second, then Eatons RBI single cut the lead to 5-2. Right-hander Santiago Casilla relieved Mijares and, on the first pitch, Paul Goldschmidt flew out to centre to end the inning. Posey doubled in two runs off and Pence had an RBI single off Heath Bell in the ninth. NOTES: The Giants activated 2B Tony Abreu off the 15-day DL. Abreu missed 31 games with bursitis in his left knee. ... The Diamondbacks recalled two relievers from Triple-A Reno, right-hander David Hernandez and left-hander Tony Sipp. ... The Diamondbacks open a three-game series against Toronto on Monday night, with right-hander Brandon McCarthy (3-8, 5.03 ERA) going for Arizona and right-hander Esmil Rogers (3-7, 5.03) on the mound for the Blue Jays. Its the Diamondbacks final interleague series of the season. ... San Francisco goes to San Diego for a three-game series, with Barry Zito (4-10, 5.81) starting for the Giants and Ian Kennedy (5-9, 5.10) for the Padres. ... Arizona acquired minor league RH reliever Matt Langwell from Cleveland to complete the Jason Kubel trade to the Indians. Custom Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys . Compared to what hes gone through in recent weeks, that seemed like a breeze. Speaking to The Associated Press on Friday at an NBA Cares event, Silver said hes thrilled that the leagues attention can be on the championship series between the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs -- and not, as it was for so much of the post-season, on the off-the-court matters involving the banishment of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling and now the looming sale of that franchise. Jeff Skinner Jersey . It was a day that saw England slump off a World Cup field once again battered and bruised. This time there was no red card to wonder about, no goalkeeping error or individual mistake. They were thoroughly beaten by something they have nothing of – genuine world class ability. http://www.hockeyhurricanes.com/victor-rask-hockey-jersey/ . Locke overcame a shaky start to pitch seven innings and Josh Harrison had three hits to extend his hot streak as the Pirates beat the Miami Marlins 7-3 on Wednesday night.TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia tested his injured right knee Saturday, allowing two runs and three hits over 2 1-3 innings in his first rehabilitation game since going on the disabled list in May. Sabathia walked one and struck out two for Class-A Tampa against Dunedin in a Florida State League game. He threw 37 pitches. "I felt really good," Sabathia said. "I didnt know what to expect. Obviously I want to be healthy and not have any problems, and got that accomplished." Sabathia gave up an infield single and a two-run double that the centre fielder just missed making a diving catch on. "Definitely need to work on my secondary pitches," said Sabathia, whose fastball was consistently in the 87-89 mph range. "I couldnt be happier with the way I felt physically out there. It feels good to be back out there comppeting. Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys. . Hopefully I can get back in the big leagues pretty quick." The Yankees placed Sabathia on the 15-day DL May 11 because of inflammation in his right knee. It was later determined that he has a degenerative cartilage problem. Sabathia is 3-4 with a 5.28 ERA this season, with opponents hitting .301 off him. He is expected to need at least two rehab starts. NOTES: Sabathia applauded from the mound after a ceremonial first pitch thrown by Darth Vader on "Star Wars Night." Turns out that Sabathia wore a Darth Vader costume for Halloween a couple years ago. "His costume was very legit," Sabathia said with a smile. "Awesome." ... LHP Jacob Lindgren, taken 55th overall in the 2014 draft, allowed two hits and struck out two over one scoreless inning Saturday in his first game with the Gulf Coast League Yankees. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jensenbreck
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 390 Themen und 4844 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de