s then dominated No. 15 No

in Zertifikate 17.11.2017 09:11
von jokergreen0220 | 388 Beiträge

Angus Reid is at peace with the most difficult football decision hes ever had to make. Nick Ahmed Jersey . The B.C. Lions veteran centre announced his retirement Friday, ending a 13-year CFL career. "As an athlete you know this day will always come but you never want to think about it and never want to know its real so youre forced with facing that reality," Reid said. "But Im good with it because it was my decision and most athletes dont get that opportunity, their careers end because of various factors out of their control. "Sure, in the youthful part of my mind Id love to play football forever but I know I cant give the game what Id want to give it in terms of what I have left physically and I wouldnt be happy with that. I have nothing but happy memories and theres nothing more I couldve achieved. I think I over-achieved and Im proud of what I was able to get done in this sport." The six-foot-one, 305-pound Reid appeared in over 200 regular-season games, 11 playoff contests and three Grey Cups with the Lions (winning two). Heady stuff indeed, considering the inauspicious start to his pro career. The 37-year-old native of Richmond, B.C., was selected fourth overall in the 01 CFL draft by the Toronto Argonauts. However, the former Simon Fraser star was released during training camp and spent time on the Montreal Alouettes practice roster before being dealt to B.C. later that year. "I vividly remember that first year after getting home to the Lions saying, Wow, I guess this is probably it. Im a journeyman after one season. This is not what I planned," Reid said. "But true to my character and who I am I just sort of kept focusing on what I could do, kept working and didnt let what was happening dictate what I was going to do. "I think Im a pretty good example that continuous hard work does pay off. Life is going to be up and down and its going to be a bumpy road but you just have to stay on that roller-coaster longer because most of us want to get off when it gets rough. I just stayed on and it worked out well." Reid was a West Division all-star on three occasions and he earned league honours in 2011. He was also actively involved in community events. "Few players have made the kind of impression both on and off the field as a member of the B.C. Lions that Angus has during his career," Lions general manager Wally Buono said in a statement. "He was an incredibly durable player, a tremendous leader in our dressing room and he will be missed by everyone in our organization." Former CFL players Doug Brown and Bryan Chiu took to Twitter to offer their congratulations to Reid. "Throughout college & the pros, there arent many Ive lined up against that I respected more," tweeted Brown, a native of New Westminster, B.C., who was a standout defensive tackle with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. "Congrats on ur retirement." Added Chiu, a Vancouver native who played centre for the Montreal Alouettes: "Congrats on a great career. Proud of you bro. Who wouldve thought we would both be centers in the CFL back at @vcrfootball." But Reid definitely saw the signs it was time to retire, most notably missing last season after undergoing major back surgery. "That was a wakeup call to me saying Im 37 now, not 27," Reid said. "Theres going to be life after football whether you like it or not and you want to be as healthy as you can so you can do other things in life and still have a lot of enjoyment and fun. "I have a wife and were trying to start a family and you have to look forward to more things." And then there was the realization that many of Reids former Lions teammates had long since moved on. "Half the guys I played with are my coaches now and you look around and say, Did I not get the memo," Reid said with a chuckle. "The good thing is I have no regrets looking back. "Im not leaving anything on the table. In that regard I dont want to say it was an easier decision but it gives me comfort that I can leave looking back with really proud, happy memories of my time in this sport." Especially with the majority of those memories having come at home. "There was some luck involved, obviously, that I got to play my career in B.C.," he said. "I grew up going to Lions games, my brother, Mark, was a long-snapper with the Lions in 1990 so I looked at it as a kid thinking, This would be amazing to do. "Well, I actually got to do it in the stadium I grew up going to watch games in. You really couldnt write a better career in terms of happiness, to be able to do it with your parents and family being able to come to almost every single game. You dream of a career like that and no matter how good it is it often doesnt come as close to what you would envision as a youth but mine really did and Im thankful and proud of that." As for what lies ahead, all Reid knows for sure is he wont be suiting up for the Lions in 2014. "Thats a good question, thats what Im trying to figure out right now," he said. "I did a pretty good job during my career of building bridges and good networks of people and so I do have a lot of opportunities. "However, Im trying to be careful to not to rush into the first opportunity, Im trying to look at them all." Reid has thought about a few different options when it comes to his future. "Id love to stay involved in the sport in some way but the probability of being a coach is slim right now," he said. "I think Id like to stay involved maybe in the sports media, be it TV, radio, newspapers. "But I have a feeling Ill also be doing other things in the business community. Im a Vancouver guy, this is where Ill be. Ill be busy, probably busier than I was when I played and went to work every day, put on sweats and ran around for a few hours. Now Ill probably be all over the place." J. D. Martinez Jersey . -- The NFL Players Association wants to determine if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers leaked information about quarterback Josh Freeman being in the NFLs substance abuse program. Curt Schilling Jersey . -- The Denver Broncos retired John Elways No. http://www.diamondbacksapparelsshop.com/jake-lamb-jersey-c-24/ . The lightning strike was in the parking lot of Crew Stadium on Saturday night, but its not known if the off-duty lieutenant was struck directly, Columbus Fire Department Battalion Chief Tracy Smith said. The firefighter, identified as Lt.GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Virginia coach Tony Bennett keeps pushing his sixth-ranked Cavaliers for more in what is already the programs best season in more than three decades. Next up is the chance to do something that even Ralph Sampson couldnt do: Win an Atlantic Coast Conference tournament title. Anthony Gill hit two free throws with 8.5 seconds left to help Virginia hold off Pittsburgh 51-48 in Saturdays semifinals, sending the Cavaliers to their first championship game in 20 years. Virginia arrived in Greensboro with its first outright regular-season title since 1981 and only its second No. 1 seed. The Cavs have just one title: the 1976 championship led by tournament most valuable player Wally Walker. "It would be great to put another banner and have that to share with them," Bennett said. "Wally sent me a text: We want some company." The Cavaliers (27-6) didnt have an easy time putting themselves in position for it, letting an eight-point lead slip all the way to one in the final seconds. But Gill, who was shooting 63 per cent from the line, calmly made both free throws after James Robinsons hanging layup that had made it 49-48. Pitt had a chance to tie with 4 seconds left, but Justin Anderson tipped Robinsons 3-pointer to Gill with 0.5 seconds left. Joe Harris scored 12 points to lead the Cavaliers, who shot 47 per cent against the fifth-seeded Panthers (25-9) to earn their first trip to the final since losing to North Carolina in Charlotte in 1994. "Theres no better feeling, of course, but well celebrate later," Anderson said. "Were to a point where we have a chance to make a run, not just in the ACC but the NCAA tournament, and we have to ... continue to be humble. This team cherishes that and this team understands that and well be fine." Virginia, which has its best win total in 31 years, will face the North Carolina State-Duke winner Sunday. Lamar Patterson and Talib Zanna each scored 15 points to lead Pitt, which was in its first ACC tournament. The Panthers, who were going for their first appearance in a league tournament championship game since winning the Big East title in 2008, shot just 37 per cent. Yasmany Tomas Jersey. The teams met only once this year, when Malcom Brogdon hit a 3-pointer with 0.4 seconds left in a 48-45 road win on Feb. 2. This one came down to another tight finish, though the Cavaliers kept the Panthers at arms distance for most of the final minutes and maintained a fragile hold on the game. After trailing by eight, Pitt closed to within 47-44 and got a good look for the tie on Josh Newkirks 3-point attempt with 1:45 left, but never could level the game. "Neither team really made that many mistakes," Robinson said. "Every mistake that we did make, they capitalized on." Pitt got as close as 49-48 when Robinson stripped Brogdon and drove for a hanging layup over Akil Mitchell -- hitting it through contact from Mitchell but with no whistle --with 10 seconds left to set up Gills big free throws. Pitt coach Jamie Dixon thought Robinson shouldve been going to the line to tie it, too. "What can you do?" Dixon said. "We just watched it. Everybody saw it. I cant comment on anything else besides that. I cant state the obvious." Mitchell didnt put up much of an argument, saying he was a little surprised there was no whistle. "I wanted to contest it as best as I could," he said. "I definitely didnt want to foul. But, you know, they let it go." Virginia led 26-24 at the break and used a strong shooting start to the second half to finally build a working margin. The Cavaliers took their biggest lead on Gills hook shot to make it 45-37 with 9:30 left. But the Cavaliers suddenly went cold, going 6 minutes without a point while the Panthers started inching back into the game. Pitt opened its first ACC tournament with a 29-point romp against Wake Forest in Thursdays first round. The Panthers then dominated No. 15 North Carolina for much of Fridays quarterfinals, building a 20-point lead before having to hold off a frantic comeback attempt to reach the semifinals. Pitt lasted the longest of the three new league members. Notre Dame was eliminated in the tournaments first-round opener Wednesday, while N.C. State upset No. 11 Syracuse in Friday nights quarterfinals. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Ugolfwarp
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 580 Themen und 5204 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de