en) Foden at the end for the try was

in Novaline tipps 23.11.2017 11:23
von dasg234 | 491 Beiträge

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State guard Linnae Harper has played plenty of basketball games, but this past Fridays contest still produced some butterflies.I woke up super early and I couldnt even eat, thats how excited I was, she said after making her first appearance as a Buckeye since transferring from Kentucky. I was very anxious and nervous to hear my name called. My hands were shaking.There was nothing for the Buckeyes to be nervous about overall, though, as they waltzed over Alabama State 118-61. In a nonconference season thats had some tough tests for No. 12 Ohio State -- including losses to South Carolina, Baylor and Miami -- this was the opposite: an automatic win against an overmatched opponent. A chance to build confidence and chemistry, two things the Buckeyes have been working on a lot.But next they go back to the complete other end of the spectrum in competition: facing No. 1 UConn in Hartford, Connecticut, on Monday night.The 9-3 Buckeyes now have their whole team together. Harper is eligible to play, and fellow transfer Stephanie Mavunga came back Friday for the first time since Nov. 27 after missing four games with a sore knee. She had 23 points to lead seven Buckeyes in double figures; Harper and All-American Kelsey Mitchell each had 15.Weve known from the start that Ohio State is different this year, incorporating new players and trying to be, as coach Kevin McGuff puts it, more flexible in its style of play.Of course, things still revolve around Mitchell. But in the point guard role now, she has more decisions to make because the Buckeyes at their best will have more options.Were going to have to hang our hat on execution, McGuff said, whereas the last couple of years, our style was based on speed, quickness, spacing.We want to keep Kelsey playing to her strengths but also evolve where we can play different ways. Where she can still be incredibly impactful but still get these new players involved.But the Huskies are better than any other team at disrupting an opponents ability to execute. By the same token, they demolish teams that are not disciplined enough to keep trying hard to run their sets.UConns 84-game winning streak is a testament to -- among other things -- the Huskies ability to prevent opponents from ever feeling they have a sense of control in the game.It happened to Ohio State early last season, when UConn visited Columbus in November and clobbered the Buckeyes 100-56. Mitchell was held to eight points on 2-of-14 shooting, with five turnovers.Personnel-wise, this is a very different UConn team minus Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson, who combined to score 60 points and shoot 54.7 percent from the field last year at Ohio State (while helping to hold the Buckeyes to 33.3 percent).Yet as weve all seen thus far, the departure of last years big three for UConn hasnt made the Huskies any more vulnerable. Theyre still No. 1 and unbeaten (9-0).Mitchell knows what Ohio State is up against, but she also thinks she learned something from last years loss to UConn, crushing as it was. Plus, her team is notably different this season in terms of personnel.I got into foul trouble early against them last year, and you cant do that against a team thats really talented like that, Mitchell said. Its really important that I stay on my ps and qs defensively.And offensively, stay with the course. Were a team that likes to push the ball, so its going to be about being smart, knowing what you can do and cant do. Last year, everything was a little rushed.Mitchell, who averaged 26.1 points last season, is at 22.7 this year. Ask how she is handling the point guard role with this squad and she says with a smile, I dont think Im doing as bad as I thought I would, but Ive still got a lot of growing to do in that area. Playing a team like UConn will help me.I feel like Im in a whole different place on the court and off the court [this season]. Seeing things before they happen and being able to slow myself down.Shes also focusing on being more comfortable vocally and as a leader, being a little less shy in situations. Harper has worked on her leadership, too, in her time away from being able to play.McGuff clearly knew what challenges would be in store after bringing in transfers like Harper, Mavunga and Sierra Calhoun (Duke). This is an Ohio State team with more size and potential combinations.It can be hard, but its a good problem to have, he said. I like the kids we have. Theyre the right kids, and were kind of evolving in how were going to play and use them. Ultra Boost Online . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Buy Ultra Boost . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. http://www.cheapultraboostsaleus.com/ . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. Cheap Ultra Boost . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. Adidas Ultra Boosts For Sale . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Northampton director of rugby Jim Mallinder admitted the referee had no choice in sending Kieran Brookes off as his side went down 22-16 to Newcastle at Franklins Gardens.Referee Andrew Jackson showed forward Brookes a red card on 38 minutes for a dangerous shoulder charge to Scott Lawsons head in a ruck.The home fans booed the official off at half-time, but there was no complaint from Brookes or his team-mates. Despite having 14 men, Northampton came from behind to lead 16-15 with five minutes to go but Niki Goneva scored an 80-metre interception try to condemn Saints to a third home Aviva Premiership defeat this season.Mallinder said: Ive looked at it a few times and what happened was that someone put their head into the ruck, they came in and caused that first offence, Kieran Brookes took exception to that and their players took exception to Kieran Brookes.What you cant do is retaliate. You cant strike anybody near the head and the referee had no option. If youre behind in the game or ahead in the game, you dont want anyone getting sent off - it puts your team under a lot of pressure.But I think the 14 men responded really, really well in that second half and we should have come away with the win.Brookes is likely to be banned for next weeks trip to Leicester, which follows team-mate Calum Cllarks three-week suspension on Wednesday.ddddddddddddNorthampton played better with 14 men after a lacklustre first-half display left them trailing 8-3 at the break.Mallinder said: It was a poor start, but I was pleased with the way we responded. We showed some pride in that second half and I suppose we should really have won the game.We were doing what we needed to, getting into their half, driving the lineout, but unfortunately the intercept really cost us.Victory sees Newcastle move up to seventh in the Premiership, two points behind Northampton, and director of rugby Dean Richards was delighted with the clubs third victory at the Gardens this century.He said: What a great win. And to be honest there were a couple of tries that went begging as well. It was an unbelievable start, and we had a try scratched off when it shouldnt have been.I havent looked at the sending off too closely, but if he has made contact with the head it is disappointing from Kierans point of view. In the second half we turned over a few balls, but we fought our way back and got the win that we wanted. Niki is a quality player, to step aside (Ben) Foden at the end for the try was sheer class. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: johnsmith
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1186 Themen und 5939 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de