that adversity builds character and

in Novaline tipps 12.10.2018 06:53
von dasg234 | 3.178 Beiträge

Nic Maddinson is in fine company. Prior to Maddinson, only a dozen Australian top-six batsmen had fallen for a duck in their first Test innings on debut. Victor Trumper was one of them, also Joe Darling, Syd Gregory and Harry Trott, among Australias best early cricketers. In the more modern era there was Matthew Elliott, Phillip Hughes and Andrew Symonds - all of whom went on to score Test centuries.But there are some not-so-elites in the group, too. Roy Park is best remembered for the story, apocryphal or not, of how his wife bent down to pick up her knitting and missed his entire Test career: he was bowled first ball in his only Test innings. Others such as Ken Meuleman and Roland Pope, like Park, never played another Test.Whatever happens at the Gabba this week, at least Maddinson wont fall into the latter camp. He will get another chance in the baggy green, a second opportunity to get off the mark in Test cricket after his 12-ball duck against South Africa at Adelaide Oval. It will be a chance to show that he has the game to bat in the longest form; by his own admission he, at times, has played too aggressively in first-class cricket.Its all about me finding a consistent mental state where I can start my innings, Maddinson said in Brisbane on Sunday. Have a game plan where it can work, not just when Im batting on a good day on a flat wicket, but something I can implement on days where the ball is moving and Im not feeling like its all going together.I think thats an important part of how I can improve as a player. And thats... where the inconsistencies lie at the moment. At times Ive been a bit too aggressive when the situation didnt suit, but I feel like Im more comfortable with my batting at the moment which comes with making enough mistakes and being around long enough to work it out.In Adelaide, Maddinson came in under lights, facing the swinging pink ball, and was a little tentative before being bowled by a fine delivery from Kagiso Rabada. It meant he was the only one of Australias three debutants to leave Adelaide empty-handed - Peter Handscomb scored a first-innings fifty and then struck the winning runs, and Matt Renshaw occupied the crease for 183 balls.But having wiped out nearly half the side in moving from Hobart to Adelaide, the selectors opted for a steady hand in the wake of Australias consolation victory and named the same 12 for the first Test against Pakistan. Maddinson hopes that after a nervy debut, he will be better placed for Test cricket come his second opportunity.It helps when the team wins... its easier to keep it together and let guys develop a little bit if they have missed out, Maddinson said. Although it was a good ball, theres always something you can do differently. Whether its a mindset or just sharpen up a little bit. Ive had time to watch it and theres definitely some things Ill be taking in when I start my innings this week.One positive for Maddinson is that, unlike on Test debut, he now has a decent pink-ball score under his belt. Prior to the Adelaide day-night Test, Maddinsons pink-ball day-night first-class career consisted of scores of 1, 18, 17, 1 and 46. But against South Australia in Adelaide last week, Maddinson scored 80 in the first innings of a day-night Sheffield Shield game to give him some confidence.Regardless of what ball it was, it was an important innings for me, Maddinson said. The game before that in Shield cricket I probably didnt get the runs I would have liked when I sort of felt in at times as well.So to be able to get 80 last week - I was still extremely disappointed to get out when and how I did in that innings, and to miss out in the second innings. But thats cricket, Ive moved on and I think the experiences that Ive gained from failing in pink-ball games has probably helped me I think in what I can prepare for this week. Fred Lynn Jersey . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Joe Kelly Jersey . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. http://www.theredsoxteamshop.com/Red-Sox-Ted-Williams-Kids-Jersey/ . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. Hanley Ramirez Jersey . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. Dustin Pedroia Jersey . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. CLEMSON, S.C. -- Clemson had teetered on the edge of defeat most of the year, so when it finally occurred, the loss to Pittsburgh left the Tigers more puzzled than shocked.The Tigers perfectly planned structure, built on a foundation of last years dominance, showed cracks and instability since the season began. Too many turnovers, too few experienced defenders and some debatable coaching calls caught up to seemingly unflappable Clemson (9-1, 6-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) in a 43-42 loss to Pittsburgh on Saturday when Chris Blewitt nailed a 48-yard field goal with six seconds left.Clemson was among three of the top four College Football Playoff poll teams to lose undefeated seasons, sliding from No. 3 last week to No. 5 . And the first home loss since 2013 has left the Tigers questioning how quickly theyll rebound for a second consecutive national title run.We havent experienced any losses like that, especially at home, not in a long time, said Deshaun Watson, whose ACC-record 580-yard passing game will be overshadowed by his three interceptions, two near the end zone. Just have to keep our heads up, realize not everybodys perfect.Clemson captured college footballs attention last season with its dominant defense and unstoppable offense, led by Watsons knack for delivering the perfect pass. The Tigers rode that combo to a No. 1 ranking at 14-0, an ACC title and the national championship game, where Watson put on a dazzling show with 478 yards of offense and four touchdowns in a 45-40 loss to Alabama.Talk instantly began of a super offense, perhaps the games best ever, led by Watson and featuring proven playmakers like tailback Wayne Gallman and receivers Mike Williams and Artavis Scott.From the start, though, things were not the same. Clemson opened with underwhelming six-point wins over Auburn and Troy, and fans, analysts and even Watson wondering what was wrong.Clemson looked to gain momentum following a hard-fought, 42-36 win over then-No. 3 Louisville on Oct. 1 to start 4-0. The mistakes continued, though, and nearly cost the Tigers two weeks later against North Carolina State when kicker Kyle Bambard missed a potential game-winning, 33-yard field goal attempt at the end of regulation in a 24-17 overtime win .In that game, Clemson coach Daabo Swinney went for a fourth-and-one in OT -- a bold call because it worked -- with C.ddddddddddddJ. Fuller leaping ahead to keep the drive alive before Watsons winning 10-yard TD toss to Scott.That same, put-it-away attitude by Swinney cost the Tigers this time when Gallman was stopped on third- and fourth-and-one at the Pittsburgh 35 with a minute left. A punt into the end zone, at worst, wouldve left the Panthers 15 more yards to gain in the final 58 seconds.Instead, quarterback Nathan Peterman moved Pitt 34 yards into range for Blewitt, who kicked it straight through.We had been making those kinds of plays this year, Swinney said of failed runs.Clemsons mistakes are up from last year. Watson entered this year with 15 career interceptions and has 13 picks in 10 games this year. The Tigers have 21 turnovers this season after 27 in their 15 games a season ago.Two of Watsons interceptions came with Clemson deep in Pitt territory driving for scores. The last one by linebacker Saleem Brightwell came in the fourth quarter with the Tigers up 42-34 and in the red zone.Clemsons re-manned defense, which lost seven starters from last year, including six taken in the last NFL draft, was also gashed by the Panthers. The Tigers overachieved much of the year but allowed their most points and second most yards (464).Watson said its essential that Clemson regain its swagger and finish strong.At the end of the day, the attitude is still positive, he said.Clemsons championship goals, especially with losses by previously undefeated No. 4 Michigan and No. 7 Washington this weekend, remain intact, Watson said. The Tigers would clinch the ACC Atlantic by beating Wake Forest on Saturday. They close the season at home against rival South Carolina. Win the ACC title game and the Tigers, with all their flaws, likely head back to the playoffs.This team has the heart of a champion, and that will be revealed, Swinney said. I believe that adversity builds character and reveals it. I know what this team is made of, and well fight back, respond and move on.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Wholesale NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys 2019 China Jerseys China NFL Gear Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: liyifeng4321
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7228 Themen und 12189 Beiträge.

Heute waren 3 Mitglieder Online:
liyifeng4321, tujue, zhangsan520

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de