TORONTO -- Cory Rasmus needed time to appreciate the significance of his first appearance at Rogers Centre. [url=http://www.chea

in Novaline tipps 09.11.2018 07:01
von jokergreen0220 | 1.755 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Cory Rasmus needed time to appreciate the significance of his first appearance at Rogers Centre. Marcell Dareus Jersey . A rookie reliever with the Atlanta Braves last May, Rasmus left the mound angry after giving up a home run to Edwin Encarnacion and a double to his older brother, Blue Jays centre fielder Colby Rasmus, in an eventual 9-3 interleague loss for Atlanta. Now with the Los Angeles Angels, Cory is back in Toronto for a four-game set against Colbys Blue Jays. And one year later, the younger Rasmus (by 15 months) feels a lot different about his last outing at Rogers Centre. "To be honest with you, I didnt really get to enjoy the moment like I wish I would have, but to have an opportunity to come up here and maybe face him again is awesome," Cory Rasmus said hours before first pitch Friday. "Hopefully I can embrace it a little more and I wont be so uptight about everything, because looking back on it, it was awesome. Brothers dont get to face each other too often in the big leagues." Rasmus made his major league debut a week before the Toronto outing last year, and was traded to the Angels the following month. He finished the 2013 season with a 5.40 ERA through 21 2/3 innings. Since being called up by the Angels a week ago, the 26-year-old, whos endured three shoulder surgeries over the last seven years, has pitched two scoreless innings, giving up two hits and striking out one. With Colby Rasmus on a hot streak as well -- batting .391 with a .417 on-base percentage and .913 slugging percentage over the last seven days -- both brothers say theyre looking forward a possible rematch of last years at-bat. The two had breakfast together Friday morning, and younger brother Cyle, whos just finished his college career at Columbus State University, will be in the Rogers Centre stands taking in the action this weekend. Colby Rasmus says the playing field between him and Cory is a bit more even these days. "I didnt really like (facing him) a whole lot last year." he said. "Ive had the good fortune of hanging around the big leagues a bit longer and he was having struggles with his shoulder. Hed just been in the minor leagues, it wasnt really a fun time." Cory and Colby were always teammates throughout their childhood, playing together in the Little League World Series in 1999, and winning a State Championship with Russell County High School in Seale, Ala., in 2005. With that kind of history, Colby Rasmus admits its strange having Cory on the other side of the diamond. But hes glad to see his younger brother getting his shot in the big leagues. "Id love nothing more than to have him do well," he said. "Through everything weve been through, all the work we put in when we were younger ... for us to both be on the same big league field and have a chance to do this, its very special." A.J. Bouye Jersey . Catch the game on TSN starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. You can also listen to all the action live on TSN 1050 at 7pm et. The Knicks are two games behind the Atlanta Hawks for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference race. Jaydon Mickens Jersey . 1. Did the Senators trade the wrong goalie? Lets make one thing clear: The Ottawa Senators acquired Ben Bishop from the St. Louis Blues for one reason and one reason alone. http://www.cheapjaguarsjerseyssale.com/?tag=josh-lambo-jersey-sale . A veteran of 16 NHL seasons, Prospals career was highlighted by him ranking fourth in points scored, third in assists and sixth in games played among all Czech Republic born players in NHL history.AKRON, Ohio -- Tiger Woods was stricken with more back pain Sunday and withdrew after eight holes at the Bridgestone Invitational. He struggled to even take off his golf shoes before being driven away to an uncertain future. In his third tournament since returning from back surgery, this had the look of a serious setback. Woods injured himself playing a shot from edge of a bunker on the par-5 second hole. With all weight on his right leg, he took an awkward slash at the ball, fell back toward the sand and landed with a thud, and kept jogging out of the bunker from sheer momentum of the steep drop. "I just jarred it, and its been spasming ever since," Woods told a PGA Tour official before leaving. Woods kept playing, hitting a number of shockingly bad shots. He hit one into the water from the fairway on No. 3, coming up some 30 yards short of the flag. And on the par-3 fifth hole, his tee shot was 65 yards short of the hole. From a bunker left of the seventh green, he blasted out and back into the fairway and made double bogey. He grimaced at impact when he hit a 315-yard drive into the left rough on No. 9. Woods slowly stooped over with his right hand on his leg, reached toward his back and slowly bent down to remove the tee from the ground. Moments later, he stepped into a cart and headed for the parking lot. At his car, Woods could barely switch out of his golf shoes. His caddie, Joe La Cava, drove him away. "Its just the whole lower back," Woods said. "I dont know what happened." Masters champion Bubba Watson said he didnt see Woods hit the shot that hurt him on No. 2, though he could tell as the round went on that something wasnt right. "He hit some shots that were not used to seeing Tiger hit, even when hes coming back from an injury like this," Watson said. "So obviously, something was bothering him. ... Like I told him when I shook his hand, I said, Im praying for you. Hope everything turns out good. Hope to see you next week." With the pain he showed leaving the course -- and just four months removed from back surgery -- it would seem unlikely that Woods plays next week at Valhalla, where he won the PGA Championship in 2000. Woods is scheduled to play the opening two rounds with Phil Mickelson and Padraig Harrington. Mickelson was on the 11th hole -- not far away from No. 9 -- when he noticed Woods leaving. "It didnt look good. It looked like he was really in pain," Mickelson said. "I hope hes OK. I hope hes able to play next week. I hope its a muscle and nothing serious because Im really looking forward to playing with him. We rarely get paired together. If we do, its been early Saturday. "As much as I love playing with him, playingg against him, trying to beat him, we all want him in the field. Yannick Ngakoue Jersey. We all want him back. I just hope hes OK." If Woods does not play in the PGA Championship, that would be the end of his season. He would have to win the PGA to be eligible for the FedEx Cup playoffs. In six starts on the PGA Tour this year, Woods finished all four rounds only twice. Woods had back surgery March 31 to alleviate an impinged nerve, forcing him to miss the Masters for the first time and the U.S. Open. He returned after three months to Congressional -- three weeks ahead of his own schedule -- and reported no pain in missing the cut by four shots at the Quicken Loans National. He also reported no pain in four rounds at the British Open. He finished 69th, 23 shots out of the lead, his worst 72-hole result in a major. Woods was 3-over par for his round -- and 18 shots off the lead -- when he withdrew at Firestone. He did not say whether he would be able to play the PGA Championship next week -- "Just trying to get out of here," he told the tour official -- though this surely would make it difficult for Tom Watson to consider Woods as a captains pick for the Ryder Cup. The U.S. captain has said for the last few months that he wanted Woods on the team if he was healthy and playing well. Woods was doing neither. Even so, he had not suggested until the shot on the second hole that his back was bothering him. "Hey, this is supposed to be my second tournament back, not my third," Woods said after Fridays round at Firestone. "Everything is going pretty good. Ive gotten a little bit better, and the good news is Im still getting stronger." This was the second time this year Woods had to withdraw in the middle of the final round. At the Honda Classic in March, he stopped after 13 holes. Woods chose to play the next week at Doral, and his back problems showed up Sunday after an awkward stance for a shot out of the bunker. Woods said it was his physical training over the years and his discipline in following doctors orders following microdiscectomy surgery that allowed him to recover quickly. He has gone through four operations on his left knee over the last 20 years, and said the back injury was "way more debilitating than I thought." "Most of the people I talked to who have had the procedure have no idea how Im even back here playing," Woods said at the start of the week. "They just cant understand that. When you have great protocols and you do everything perfectly, everything fell into place. I was able to get back. But now its just continuing, and I still need to get much strong than I am now, and I still need to get much more explosive than I am now. Thats just time." Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 8 Gäste sind Online:
zhangsan520

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: loegmrntdherid1
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 6593 Themen und 11528 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
jokergreen0220, zhangsan520

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de