NEW YORK -- Terry Collins was watching another masterful pitching performance by shaggy-haired rookie Jacob deGrom when David Wr

in Novaline tipps 26.09.2017 08:39
von jokergreen0220 | 388 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Terry Collins was watching another masterful pitching performance by shaggy-haired rookie Jacob deGrom when David Wright returned to the New York dugout with the news that his season was over because of a shoulder injury. Dellin Betances Yankees Jersey . The Mets manager had little time to think about the ramifications of losing his star third baseman, not with his team suddenly on the fringe of the National League playoff race. DeGrom pitched three-hit ball for eight dominant innings, and New York held on to beat the Colorado Rockies 2-0 on Tuesday night for its sixth win in seven games. "At the moment I was trying to win a baseball game," Collins said. "Theres a lot of discussions that are going to have to take place here to decide where we need to head." Jeurys Familia got Wilin Rosario to ground out with the bases loaded in the ninth for his fifth save, helping the Mets move five games under .500 (70-75). They are just 5 1-2 games behind Pittsburgh for the second NL wild card with three teams in front of them. "Just a really good team win right there," said All-Star second baseman Daniel Murphy, who went 1 for 3 in his return from the disabled list. "A little bit of a sour taste in your mouth with whats going on with David." Wright has been playing with a sore shoulder since mid-June. The pain became more severe Monday night and he had an MRI Tuesday, missing the game. The seven-time All-Star will be shut down for the rest of the season and begin a six-week rehabilitation program after a period of rest. "Its disappointing," Wright said Tuesday night. "But I think for me personally, making sure I end this year as healthy as can be and then do what I can, starting with this rehab program, to ensure that I will be as close to 100 per cent for spring training is the goal." Juan Lagares had an RBI single, and Curtis Granderson added an RBI double off Christian Bergman (2-3) one night after he hit a tying triple in the ninth inning of the series-opening win. In his 20th career start, deGrom (8-6) didnt allow a baserunner after Nolan Arenados one-out double in the fourth -- retiring his final 14 batters. He struck out nine and walked none. "I felt like I was getting stronger as the game went on," deGrom said. "Thats a great feeling because its my first time Im pitching this late into a year." Over his last 10 starts, deGrom is 7-1 with a 1.60 ERA. He hasnt allowed an earned run in 22 straight innings. Matt den Dekkers double with one out in the fifth gave the Mets their first runner in scoring position against Bergman, and they came through. After deGrom grounded out, Lagares had an RBI single. Den Dekker was later hit by a pitch in the hand. X-Rays were negative. Bergman yielded six hits and two runs in six innings in his seventh major league start. He didnt walk a batter for his second consecutive outing. "Bergy did another nice job," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "Hes been one of those guys whove come up and been a bright spot for us -- he competes pretty well." TRAINERS ROOM Rockies: Weiss said OF Ben Paulsen has shown no ill effects from being hit in the elbow by a pitch on Sunday. UP NEXT Two pitchers who made their major league debuts this season will start the finale of this three-game series. Colorado LHP Tyler Matzek (5-9) is set to make his 17th start. Mets RHP Rafael Montero will be making his seventh career start. He is 0-3 with 4.71 ERA at Citi Field. MOVEEM IN Collins is a fan of general manager Sandy Aldersons idea to bring in the right field fence at Citi Field again. Collins said moving in the fence that is 375 feet from home plate would help players such as Lucas Duda, Wright and Granderson. "I think its going to help us a little bit, confidence-wise," Collins said. WHEELS WORKING A day after returning from a left hamstring strain, Michael Cuddyer made a spectacular diving catch on deGroms sinking liner in the third inning. The right fielder ran a long way before laying out to make the grab in right-centre. "That was a good sign," Weiss said. "He made a heck of a play on that and no issues." Wade Boggs Yankees Jersey . Nainggolan scored his first Italian league goal at Bologna, in October 2010, and he also opened his Roma account there following his January move from Cagliari. The Belgium midfielder volleyed home Miralem Pjanics cross from close range eight minutes from time. Joe DiMaggio Yankees Jersey . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. http://www.yankeesauthorityshop.com/Johnny-Damon-Jersey/ .5 million, four-year contract with the Texas Rangers that could be worth $32.ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- For someone who was lightly recruited coming out of high school, linebacker Khalil Mack is attracting an impressive crowd leading up to the NFL draft. Representatives from all 32 teams were on hand Tuesday for the University at Buffalos pro day, and the projected first-round draft pick was the main attraction inside the Buffalo Bills Fieldhouse. "Thirty-two teams? Thats a blessing," Mack said. "I dont try to notice that. I try to keep that on the backburner. Im still working hard, and thats what its about with me. I dont focus on the attention." Mack is becoming difficult to overlook. At 6-foot-3 and 251 pounds, he possesses the size, speed and versatility to play a variety of positions in any type of defensive scheme. He also has impressive numbers over a four-year college career in the Mid-American Conference, which he capped by earning the Jack Lambert award as the nations top linebacker. He set an FBS career record with 16 forced fumbles and tied another one with 75 career tackles for a loss. Not bad for someone who, coming out of Fort Pierce, Fla., first considered attending Liberty University, before being offered a full scholarship by Buffalo, and only after Liberty assistant Robert Wimberly was hired by the Bulls. Some five years later, Mack had the NFLs attention during a Bulls pro day that traditionally attracts between 15 and 20 scouts. "That just shows you what high regard the NFL has of him," Bills general manager Doug Whaley said of the turnout. "The skys the limit on him." Among those on hand were Oakland Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie and Cleveland Browns rookie coach Mike Pettine, the Bills former defensive co-ordinator. Pettine joked he just happened to be in town to pick up a few things he left behind. As for his interest in Mack, Pettine broke into a wide smile and said: "Just a little bit." Pettine then spent about 10 minutes on the sideline discussiing Mack with Bulls coach Jeff Quinn. Bernie Williams Yankees Jersey. "Absolutely the best player Ive seen. Hes just so complete," Quinn said of Mack. "Hes a game-changer." That was evident in a last years season-opening 40-20 loss at Ohio State. Mack was in on nine tackles and had 2 1/2 sacks. He returned an interception 45 yards for a touchdown that put a scare into the Buckeyes by cutting their lead to 20-13 early in the second quarter. "That was his coming-out party. The game wasnt too big for him," Whaley said. "He showed that he belonged out there. And those are the type of guys hell be playing against on Sundays." His production didnt tail off, either. Mack finished the season with a MAC-best 10 1/2 sacks and 19 tackles for a loss. He also had five forced fumbles and three interceptions while leading Buffalo (8-5) to only its second bowl berth, a 49-24 loss to San Diego State in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. An NFL scouting report rates Mack as a top-10 draft prospect and lists "disruptive first-step quickness" among his strengths. On Tuesday, Mack limited his workouts to individual drills and one 40-yard dash, in which he was clocked at 4.54 seconds. That was an improvement over the 4.63-second time he had at the NFL combine in Indianapolis last month. "It didnt feel like me. I felt tight," Mack said, referring to his time at Indianapolis. "I finished it up the way I wanted to today." Mack has been highly motivated to succeed since he first arrived in Buffalo. He wore No. 46 after discovering that was the number of his power ranking out of 100 on an NCAA football video game. Though he might consider changing numbers after being drafted, Mack doesnt intend to alter his approach. "I feel like theres a lot more that I have to prove, especially coming out of the MAC," Mack said. "I feel like Ive got to go out there and dominate on the next level." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Ugolfwarp
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 580 Themen und 5203 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
jokergreen0220

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de