http://www.bravesfanproshop.com

in Symbian 13.05.2019 05:15
von zhangzk | 42 Beiträge

The eyes of the baseball world will be focused on the World Series starting on Tuesday Freddie Freeman Jersey , but for the 28 Major League Baseball teams not playing in the Fall Classic, the offseason is already underway.One of the most anticipated free-agent classes in years has arrived. Franchise-changing talents like Bryce Harper, Manny Machado and Clayton Kershaw could all be wearing new uniforms in 2019. All-Stars like Michael Brantley, Andrew McCutchen, Patrick Corbin and A.J. Pollock will also generate a lot of attention.In other words, there will be no shortage of star power available for every team to bid on as they try to get where the Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers are currently at.Here is the early word on what to expect when some of this winter's biggest free agents hit the open market.Bryce Harper Dictating Nationals' PlansMatt Slocum/Associated PressThe Washington Nationals rode out the 2018 season with Harper in their outfield, despite making him available in trade talks last July.Now, the Nationals are reportedly planning out two different offseason scenarios related to Harper's free agency.Per Jon Heyman of Fancred Sports, Washington will make a "strong effort" to re-sign Harper, but the front office is also planning for a scenario in which he leaves.Complicating matters for the Nationals, Chelsea Janes of theWashington Postnoted they could be limited to around $30 million in spending money this offseason.Unless things have changed dramatically in the last two years, Harper is seeking a historic contract.USA Today's Bob Nightengale reported in December 2016 the former National League MVP is hoping for a deal worth at least $400 million over 10 years.While that is a steep price for any organization to pay, Harper hit .249/.393/.496 with 34 homers and an MLB-high 130 walks in what was considered a down year in 2018. He is only 26 years old and has played in at least 147 games in four of the past five seasons.Unless the Nationals can find more financial flexibility, their best course of action for 2019 and beyond will be to spread the $30 million they will reportedly have to add more depth in the bullpen and a starting catcher.Manny Machado Still In Line for Lucrative DealMachado's free-agent contract became a topic of discussion last week thanks to his antics against the Milwaukee Brewers in the National League Championship Series.Both benches cleared in Game 4 of the NLCS when Machado clipped Brewers first baseman Jesus Aguilar while running out a grounder:One MLB executive told Heymanhe's "never seen a major free agent make any more dumb statements/decisions in a 24-hour window" than Machado did during and after that incident with Aguilar.Despite drawing some negative attention from some people in MLB鈥攁nd every Brewers fan at Miller Park鈥攁nother executive said he doesn't believe Machado's future contract will be impacted.There are several good reasons why Machado can expect to receive one of the biggest contracts in MLB history. He's a 26-year-old shortstop who also won two Gold Gloves at third base, has a .282/.335/.487 career slash line and set career-highs this season in batting average (.297) http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , on-base percentage (.367), slugging percentage (.538) and homers (37).Based on positional value, Machado is more valuable than Harper and has been one of the most durable players with just 11 games missed over the past four seasons.Harper's upside will likely get him the bigger contract this offseason, but it speaks to Machado's ability that there is a legitimate discussion about who should be paid more.Everybody Loves Patrick CorbinRick Scuteri/Associated PressAssuming Kershaw remains with the Los Angeles Dodgers, either by not opting out of his current deal or agreeing to a new contract, Patrick Corbin will be the most sought-after starting pitcher on the market this winter.Per Nick Cafardo of theBoston Globe, teams that are expected to have interest in Corbin include the Dodgers, New York Yankees, San Francisco Giants and Atlanta Braves.Cafardo added that Corbin is likely to receive a deal worth between $20-25 million per season over at least five years.Going by those contract parameters and interested parties, it becomes easier to determine a favorite to sign the two-time All-Star.The Giants already have $126.4 million in salary committed to just eight players next season, which doesn't include Madison Bumgarner's $12 million team option that should be picked up.They will either have to find a way to trade someone like Jeff Samardzija or Johnny Cueto鈥攚ho may not pitch at all in 2019 after having Tommy John surgery in August鈥攖o create financial flexibility, or blow up their payroll in an attempt to extend their window with the nucleus of Bumgarner and Buster Posey.The Dodgers have to worry about Kershaw before trying to do anything else. The Braves would seem to be an ideal landing spot given their meteoric rise and outstanding young position-player nucleus of Ronald Acuna Jr., Ozzie Albies, Johan Camargo, Dansby Swanson and Freddie Freeman Bob Uecker Jersey , who is the elder statesman of the group at 29 years old.Atlanta general manager Alex Anthopoulos told reporters the team's payroll would go up in 2019 without offering any specifics."The payroll will go up for the current year," Anthopoulos said. "There's been a lot of debate about where we're going to be, what the number is going to be, how much we have available. I don't think anyone in this room knows because I don't know. We don't have a payroll number set for next year yet."The Braves only have $44.4 million in financial commitments next season, so they could theoretically sign two top-tier free agents without ruining their payroll.Considering that Atlanta is currently owned by a corporation鈥擫iberty Media鈥攖hat has been financially stingy in the baseball department, the team doesn't seem likely to get involved in a bidding war for free agents.That leaves the Yankees as Corbin's most likely landing spot. The 29-year-old is a perfect fit for what they need. Their starting rotation was a mess at the end of 2018. Luis Severino had a 5.57 ERA after the All-Star break. CC Sabathia, who is a free agent, turned 38 in July and was limited to 53 innings in the second half. Sonny Gray didn't make the ALDS roster after posting a 4.90 ERA in 30 appearances and will be shopped around this winter.With just $88.3 million in salary obligations next season, the Yankees can essentially do whatever they want. They won 100 games with an unstable starting rotation yet still found themselves looking up at the Red Sox in the AL East before losing to their rival in the ALDS.This is the Yankees' time to strike big in free agency. Their offense and bullpen remain stacked heading into 2019.Corbin was a machine in 2018 with a 3.15 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and 246 strikeouts in 200 innings with the Arizona Diamondbacks. He would be a perfect fit for what the Yankees need as they look to surpass Boston in the division and end their nine-year World Series drought.Contract info via Baseball-Reference.com. SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Madison Bumgarner’s line from his exhibition debut didn’t look good, but the pitcher and San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy weren’t daunted.“It’s been five months since I’ve faced a hitter,” Bumgarner said Sunday. “I’d say that’s the best I’ve felt, especially in a first spring outing, in quite some time.”Bumgarner was sharp in the first inning and retired the Chicago Cubs in order on eight pitches. He failed Tyler Flowers Jersey , however, to retire any of the six batters he faced in a 29-pitch second inning and all six eventually scored.Kyle Schwarber doubled to open the second and Addison Russell singled before Bumgarner hit David Bote on the helmet with a pitch to load the bases. Bote dropped to one knee but was able to walk off under his own power.“It was a weird play because the ball was not on top of him,” Giants catcher Rene Rivera said. “It looked like his head was over the plate and that’s when it hit it. It squared him up pretty good. He lost his balance and I tried to hold him a little bit.”Bote was examined by the Giants medical staff and was to be checked by the Cubs staff at the team’s facility.“Obviously, I don’t want to do that,” Bumgarner said. “That’s terrible. … I’m pretty good at compartmentalizing stuff and moving on to the next thing. That didn’t affect me. I am sorry for it.”Bumgarner gave up three more hits — although two were groundballs on plays that should’ve been made — before he was lifted.“He got ahead and allowed two-strike hits, a couple plays we didn’t make,” Bochy said. “It was one of those Cactus League innings. I was very pleased with where he was with his stuff. He got ground balls and they hit the hole a couple times. Overall, he got us where he could and felt great.”The 29-year-old Bumgarner is coming off back-to-back seasons in which he was slowed by injuries, making 17 starts in 2017 and 21 last year. He suffered a fractured left hand last March when he was hit by a line drive and said he’s fully recovered from that injury and his grip feels strong. The radar gun showed one of his fastballs at 93 mph, which also is encouraging.“I felt really good,” Bumgarner said. “My command in the zone could be a little better and it’s going to get better as we go here. For the first day, I was pretty excited about it. I felt good. A little tough luck with some ground balls there being just out of reach of some guys. It’s weird to say but I”m not concerned about that at all. It’s about how you feel, how you bounce back after the first inning and getting your work in.”“He wanted to keep the ball on the ground and he did,” Rivera said. “He did exactly what we wanted. It was good placement for them.”Rivera knows a little about Bumgarner from his few at-bats against the 2014 World Series MVP.“The last time I remember facing him was 2016 in the wild-card game and I was with the Mets,” Rivera said. “He did a hell of a job http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , complete game. When it comes to an important game, he’s going to be there.”Bumgarner threw a four-hit complete game in the Giants’ win over the Mets, with Rivera getting one of those hits. The catcher also hit a three-run homer off Bumgarner on April 28, 2014, in the fifth inning of a 6-4 Padres win over the Giants.But that’s in the past. On Sunday, Rivera and Bumgarner were on the same team.“He’s a pretty simple guy,” Rivera said. “He just attacks the zone. Let’s see what he’s going to do.”NOTES: Pablo Sandoval tweaked his side during Saturday’s workout and will be shut down for a couple days, Bochy said. … Joe Panik went 3 for 3, including a solo home run in the third, in the Giants’ 9-5 loss to the Cubs. “I felt comfortable right from the first at-bat,” Panik said. “Obviously, it’s always a process in spring training but I was feeling a good rhythm at the plate, and that’s all you can ask for.” … Buster Posey is not expected to catch until March 1 but could get at-bats as the designated hitter before that. Posey is coming off surgery to address a hip impingement and repair a torn labrum. He was expected to be ready by opening day.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fenghuang
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9931 Themen und 14954 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
dasg234

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de